Dear Brett,
I am writing this letter to you to ask you to please stop making this attempt to come out of retirement. I've always respected you as a great player of the game, and even though I really don't like the Packers you are one of the game's best. Please stop tarnishing your reputation with this drawn-out nonsense about coming out of retirement. Just quit. Let Aaron Rodgers have his chance, the poor guy has already been through enough having to play in Green Bay behind the legend you've created. Let him have a chance to step out from the shadow of Mr. Favre.
I don't care if the Packer's organization pushed you into retirement, you were the one who ultimately made the decision to leave the game. You had your teary eyed press conference, fraught with emotion, and you should have left your final image as that. Now all I hear about everyday on ESPN is your attempted comeback and the drama with the Packers organization and how they want to move on. I think I speak for mostly everyone in the country when I say I'm tired of it.
And do I need to remind you of your seasons before last year? They weren't very good. I know you have the "itch" to play, but there is absolutely no guarantee that this year is going to be as good as the last, especially if you having been training hard in the off-season. You know, because you were retired and all that.
So Mr. Favre, please stop this and retire as a Packer as you should. Don't be Jerry Rice or Joe Montana. End your career with the team you began with and led to many years of success and excitement. Your reputation as a great quarterback is already cemented. Now cement your reputation as a man of character and a leader and please retire for good.
Sincerely,
Carl
New Blog
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment