Yes, I realize it's a bit late to write about the Olympics, but I think now it's all had time to sink in and I can really give my thoughts on the Olympics I watched and let others tell you about the stuff I didn't watch.
To most people Micheal Phelps and his eight gold medals are the biggest story of the 2008 Olympic games, and rightfully so. The man broke a huge record and is the winningest athlete in Olympic history. However, the most impressive performance of the Olympic Games for me was the remarkable display of athleticism shown by Usain Bolt of Jamaica. I mean seriously, anyone that watched that 100 meter final had to step back with their jaw dropped to the floor. Bolt ran a 9.69 WITHOUT TRYING. He glided to the finish line and had time to look at the cameras and give a chest bump with at least 20 meters left. Are you serious?? Who has that much speed anywhere? If he had pushed all the way he would have slaughtered the world record. This coupled with American hopeful Tyson Gay not even being in the final, proved Bolt's dominance over the field.
But wait there is more, as Bolt broke the world record in the 200 as well running a 19.30, and finishing a full .66 seconds ahead of American Shawn Crawford. ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Then to cap it off, the Jamaican team, won the 4x100 relay destroying yet another world record and pulverizing the field. Three golds won by Usain in a performance that will probably never be duplicated. It's one of the most amazing athletic feats I've ever seen.
And that is my favorite part of the games.
New Blog
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment